Aug 22, 2017

10 THE ACT OF KINDNESS AND A PROMISE

Never underestimate the simple act of kindness.

Last Thursday I picked up 4 Vim bathroom cleaner on sale for $2.99. I had mentioned the sale to one of my colleagues who ask me to pick one up for her. So I did. I took it home as I bought it when I left the office. When I arrived home I left one right by the door so I wouldn't forget. Monday as I prepared for work I did not remember about the bathroom cleaner. As I rushed upstairs to put on my shoes, there it was sitting right next to it. I immediately put it in a bag and took it with me.


It sat next to me on the train along with my hand bag. I arrived at my stop and exited the train. I heard someone say, "Miss" as I rested my handbag across my body. I turned just in time to see a young African-Canadian women stretch her and out the closing door and rest something on the subway platform. I looked and to my surprise and delight it was the Vim bathroom cleaner. I had completely forgotten it on the seat in the train and the quick thinking young woman was gracious enough to not only to call my attention but to be forward thinking enough to rest it quickly on the subway platform.

I was so grateful for her inginuity, it kept a smile on my face the whole day. With her help I was able to keep my promise! Such a simple act of kindness had a wonderful impact on me.


10 comments:

  1. You are so right. Little acts of kindness can make our day. And the best we can do is pass them along :-). Glad you got your cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that people can still be thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Can't imagine how you would have felt if you got to work without the cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it certainly wouldn't have been the greatest feeling. Glad it was a worry

      Delete
  4. Moments like these are heartwarming, made me smile just reading about it. I KNOW it had you smiling all day thinking about it. Glad you were able to keep your promise with the help of this kind soul.

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...